bulicio, March 24, 2018
Talking about coffee, a lot of people who still think that coffee is bad for health. Actually it’s not entirely true. Coffee, provided that consumed wisely, it is actually beneficial to health. Whatever, not just coffee, if consumed in excess is definitely not good.
Benefits of Coffee
consumption of several cups of coffee a day may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, the formation of kidney stones, colon cancer, Parkinson’s disease, liver damage (cirrhosis), heart disease and prevent cognitive decline in brain power.
* Diabetes. Twenty studies conducted worldwide indicate that coffee reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes by 50%. The researchers suspect the cause is chlorogenic acid in coffee act to slow the absorption of sugar in digestion. Chlorogenic acid also stimulates the formation of GLP-1, a chemical that increases insulin (a hormone that regulates the absorption of sugar into the cells). Other substances in coffee that trigonelin (pro vitamin B3) is also thought to help slow the absorption of glucose.
* Cancer. Research has consistently shown that coffee reduces the risk of liver cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer.
* Cirrhosis. Coffee protects the liver from cirrhosis, particularly cirrhosis due to alcoholism.
* Parkinson’s disease. The coffee drinkers have half the risk of Parkinson’s disease is lower than those who did not drink coffee.
* Heart disease and stroke. Coffee consumption does not increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. Instead, the coffee actually slightly reduce the risk of stroke. A study of more than 83,000 women aged over 24 years showed those who drank two to three cups of coffee a day had a stroke risk 19% lower than those who did not drink coffee. Studies of a number of men in Finland showed similar results.
* Cognitive Function. Study of 4197 women and 2820 men in France showed that drinking at least three cups of coffee a day can prevent cognitive decline in brain function due to aging by up to 33 percent in women. However, the same benefit was not found in men. This may be because women are more sensitive to caffeine.
Negative Effects Coffee
However, coffee also has a negative effect. The main content of caffeine as coffee is addictive stimulant. Caffeine affects the cardiovascular system such as increased heart rate and blood pressure. The negative impact that appears when you consume to excess.
For most people, drinking two to three cups of coffee does not have a negative impact. Drinking coffee with more frequency than that can cause heart palpitations, insomnia, headaches and other disorders. Therefore, for those who consumed coffee that was not sleepy-such as lack of sleep-suggested that consumption is spread throughout the day.
Research on the relationship of coffee consumption with miscarriage does not provide uniform conclusions. But, just to be safe pregnant women are advised not to drink more than one cup of coffee a day.